Who gets to Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort is affected not only by the beauty of nature that surrounds it but also the architecture of the villa that combines the flavor of the story to the demands of modernity. The origins of Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort lost in the mists of time: in the thirteenth century documents attest that the family Marchesi Roti Michelozzi owned the property. They have maintained the Villa for over 700 years. They were the ones who engage in 1380 Lorenzo de’ Bicci, a student of the school of Giotto, to paint the entrance, which is still admired by our visitors. Also in that period was built the small chapel in the Villa.
Over the centuries, the Villa has been renovated several times until it assumed the renaissance aspect that characterizes it so far. At the beginning of ’900, also the master Galileo Chini has decorated the interior with beautiful glass ornaments and wall art nouveau.
Since 1989, Paolo Pasquali took over the property and transformed the Villa into a 4-star resort, which this year celebrates the 20th years of activity. To characterize these twenty years, in addition to the care and attention services for our guests, is our passion for olive oil: from the olive orchard that surrounds the villa we get our extra-virgin olive oil, with all innovative methods, not only used as a dressing but as a fundamental element of the dishes of our chef, Roberto Zanieri.
In order to maintain the quality and fragrance of our oil we have also patented a new type of machine called OliveToLive that preserves the organoleptic properties.
Among the warmth of our hospitality, extra-virgin olive oil tasting courses and cooking, walks in the surrounding woods, relax by the swimming pool, mountain biking …. here what it is today Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort.