We are super excited to write about our next edition of AmorOlio at Villa Campestri – a special Tuscan getaway focusing on the art of living well. Now it has even caught the eye of the biggest journal about olive oil in Spain – Mercacei (you can read the full article in Spanish on the link above).
What does this getaway entail and why should you attend? It’s a Tuscany retreat with gourmet foodie expert Emiko Davies, discovering traditional recipes through the great-grandfather of Italian cuisine, Pellegrino Artusi – and let’s not forget, the Art of making excellent extra-virgin Olive Oil.
- 1. This is a 6-Day All-Inclusive getaway at our four star Olive oil Resort, Villa Campestri in the beautiful hills of Tuscany.
- 2. The program begins with an exclusive olive oil tasting with resident expert agronomist Gemma Pasquali along with a welcome aperitivo in the Oleoteca (old cellar of the Villa) with a welcome dinner to follow;
- 3. Visit to Florence to browse through the famous central market ‘Mercato Centrale’, a foodie paradise with lunch at the famous “Nerbone”;
- 4. Three cooking courses with Emiko Davies using fresh local ingredients and “The Art of Eating Well” philosophy. Recipes include sformato di carciofi (artichoke pudding), crostini di fegatini (Tuscan chicken liver pate on crostini), stinging nettle and ricotta tortellini along with other additional delights.
- 5. A visit to a winery in the Chianti Rufina area with a vineyard tour and lunch in the fattoria. Not to mention a chance to visit a pecorino cheese producer to sample some of their yummy cheeses in the afternoon.
- 6. A relaxing stroll in the oliveto to discover our Villa’s pride and joy – our olives, along with a visit to our mill and a third olive oil tasting with Gemma. Not to mention a second cooking course and wine tasting with wine-legend Burton Anderson.
- 7. A visit to an old bottega del coltellinaio in Scarperia, to see how amazing knives are made with an incredible lunch to follow high up in the mountains between Emilia Romagna & Tuscany. Also a last cooking class exploring different types of flours.
For more details and prices, click here. This promises to be one amazing experience you will never forget so we hope to see you in March!