Having a holiday bringing with you your four-legged friends is a common habit among animal lovers. For this reason, the receptive structures that welcome animals are increasingly equipped and numerous.
A vacation is a time of total relaxation to spend with our loved ones, family, friends, but also our inseparable four-legged friends as dog, cat and other small animals.
Before leaving, it is important to remember to always carry with you the health booklet issued by your own veterinarian who has registered all the vaccinations of the animal. Make sure your pet has eaten for at least 8 hours to avoid digestive problems during the trip and bring it to the veterinarian at least two weeks before departure to check his / her health status.
Tuscany hostels accepting pets are numerous and offer services designed for those who want to spend pleasant stays in the company of their hairy friends. For a holiday without any surprises, Tuscany farmhouses are particularly suitable, where nature is suitable for a relaxing stay.
For those who want to organize a perfect holiday enjoying animal, we have selected the best 5 farm animals in Tuscany, where your four-legged friends are welcome to.
1. Fattoria di Poggiopiano. Just 7 km from Florence, it’s located in the green hills of the Arno Valley. Surrounded by olive groves and vineyards, it offers a very comfortable pet friendly environment designed for the tourist looking for a relaxing holiday. The apartments and rooms are located in a typical Tuscan farmhouse and in the annexed barn, restored to the utmost respect for tradition and local architecture.
2. Agriturismo Cà d’Argella. It’s located in a hilltop position in the splendid Cortona hill, immersed in the nature of the typical Tuscan landscape surrounded by olive trees, vines and chestnut woods. The environment, very quiet and relaxing, is the perfect place to regenerate mind and body in the company of your animal friends. Dogs, cats of all sizes and other animals are allowed.
3. La Collinella. It is a place of great comfort and relaxation, in the heart of Tuscany in Montaione, perfect for enjoying the tranquility of the countryside with the animals. Inside a fenced park of h 1.5, it’s divided into 14 apartments furnished with care in keeping with the Tuscan tradition and equipped with every comfort.
4. Azienda Agrituristica Il Palazzo dei Diavoli. It’s a small organic farmhouse with family-run and ICEA certification between Montepulciano and Montefollonico. It consists of 2 independent units, welcomes dogs and cats of all sizes.
5. Podere La Giuda. Located on the hills of Siena, the Val di Chiana offers three independent apartments, completely restored and furnished, in a comfortable, family and friendly environment. Your pets will be able to stay with you in the apartments and the common areas (restaurant and swimming pool) and walk freely in the farm and the nearby woods. There is a fence in the shade with a canopy and water.
And you know, we at Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort are great animal lovers!
You can ask it to our rooster Ettore, or enjoy a whole day between ancient villages and valleys during an horse riding lessons.
We look forward to offer you a holiday inspired by love for animals and nature!
Scientific studies have shown that cycling brings multiple kinds of benefits to people’s health from physical to mental improvements. Cycling in a stimulating environment, full of culture and breathtaking landscapes, makes this experience even more satisfying. This is why cycling in Mugello is truly an experience not to be missed!
Wisteria is such a fascinating plant that it is also popular on social networks, in April and May, excellence months excellence for flowering there are so many photos of wisteria that the hashtag: #wisteriamania becomes trendy on Instagram. In Tuscany there are wonderful flowering wisteria that look like timeless postcards!
Ice cream, especially when summer arrives, is a favorite snack for children and adults. Going out to eat an ice cream can tempt even the most suffering in the heat. In Florence it is said that ice cream was born here, will it be true? Let’s find out together!
All Europe is dotted with ancient streets that can still be walked on and which lately are attracting more and more tourists. Suffice it to say that over the years the Camino de Santiago de Compostela has become so well known that various films have even been made there. In Italy there is a less […]
Spring is par excellence a mid-season where rainy days and sunny days alternate, perfect for catching a cold and never knowing how to dress to be elegant but practical. There is a cloth produced in Tuscany, to be precise in Casentino, which solves every problem: the Casetino cloth!
Before Easter in Tuscans bakeries and pastry shops there are cookies in the shape of a cocoa-colored letter. If you are in this period in Mugello or in another area of Tuscany it is difficult not to be intrigued and attracted by these famous Tuscan biscuits: Quaresimali!
In Florence we care a lot about our traditions, especially the most ancient and particular ones. What if we told you that for Easter we fly a dove with 4 rockets on a 150 meter long rope that starts right from the altar of our most important church and sets off a cart? Read our […]
Any curious visitor finds himself tasting the food of the place he visits. It must be admitted that in Tuscany every tourist will certainly be lucky because among fine wines, excellent cheeses, precious extra virgin olive oil every palate is satisfied. The dish that everyone agrees on and that you can’t forget to taste if […]