Having a holiday bringing with you your four-legged friends is a common habit among animal lovers. For this reason, the receptive structures that welcome animals are increasingly equipped and numerous.
A vacation is a time of total relaxation to spend with our loved ones, family, friends, but also our inseparable four-legged friends as dog, cat and other small animals.
Before leaving, it is important to remember to always carry with you the health booklet issued by your own veterinarian who has registered all the vaccinations of the animal. Make sure your pet has eaten for at least 8 hours to avoid digestive problems during the trip and bring it to the veterinarian at least two weeks before departure to check his / her health status.
Tuscany hostels accepting pets are numerous and offer services designed for those who want to spend pleasant stays in the company of their hairy friends. For a holiday without any surprises, Tuscany farmhouses are particularly suitable, where nature is suitable for a relaxing stay.
For those who want to organize a perfect holiday enjoying animal, we have selected the best 5 farm animals in Tuscany, where your four-legged friends are welcome to.
1. Fattoria di Poggiopiano. Just 7 km from Florence, it’s located in the green hills of the Arno Valley. Surrounded by olive groves and vineyards, it offers a very comfortable pet friendly environment designed for the tourist looking for a relaxing holiday. The apartments and rooms are located in a typical Tuscan farmhouse and in the annexed barn, restored to the utmost respect for tradition and local architecture.
2. Agriturismo Cà d’Argella. It’s located in a hilltop position in the splendid Cortona hill, immersed in the nature of the typical Tuscan landscape surrounded by olive trees, vines and chestnut woods. The environment, very quiet and relaxing, is the perfect place to regenerate mind and body in the company of your animal friends. Dogs, cats of all sizes and other animals are allowed.
3. La Collinella. It is a place of great comfort and relaxation, in the heart of Tuscany in Montaione, perfect for enjoying the tranquility of the countryside with the animals. Inside a fenced park of h 1.5, it’s divided into 14 apartments furnished with care in keeping with the Tuscan tradition and equipped with every comfort.
4. Azienda Agrituristica Il Palazzo dei Diavoli. It’s a small organic farmhouse with family-run and ICEA certification between Montepulciano and Montefollonico. It consists of 2 independent units, welcomes dogs and cats of all sizes.
5. Podere La Giuda. Located on the hills of Siena, the Val di Chiana offers three independent apartments, completely restored and furnished, in a comfortable, family and friendly environment. Your pets will be able to stay with you in the apartments and the common areas (restaurant and swimming pool) and walk freely in the farm and the nearby woods. There is a fence in the shade with a canopy and water.
And you know, we at Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort are great animal lovers!
You can ask it to our rooster Ettore, or enjoy a whole day between ancient villages and valleys during an horse riding lessons.
We look forward to offer you a holiday inspired by love for animals and nature!
Tripe and Lampredotto are two very special Italian culinary specialties as they come from bovine offal. Both are part of the Tuscan gastronomic tradition but Lampredotto, a true institution, is the master in Florence. Let’s see together what Tripe and Lampredotto are and what are the best recipes for cooking them.
Mugello is a green area where splendid valleys alternate with gentle hills and mountains with great charm. A few kilometers from Florence, it is the ideal place to experience unforgettable emotions on foot, on horseback or by bike. Discover with us the most beautiful excursions in Mugello!
When the heat arrives, living in the city becomes really difficult as temperatures rise so much that the only thing possible is an escape to cooler places. In these cases there is nothing better than a day to spend by the pool in the countryside of Florence, here’s where to go.
When temperatures rise, you want something fresh that can invigorate us with taste. Ice cream is certainly a classic but sometimes you prefer something fresher and lighter, which you can sip by the pool. At Villa Campestri we have the right solution, discover the recipe of Coffee Granita now!
Mugello potato tortelli are an exquisite recipe typical of the area. The recipe has been handed down from generation to generation but is always open to new reinterpretations. Discover with us the tradition of Mugello potato tortello and an exquisite gourmet variant!
The summer holidays are the right occasion to enjoy relaxing moments in an intimate place, protected and surrounded by the quiet of Tuscan nature. Discover now the magic of Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort and the beautiful emotions that you can live with us!
The anniversary of San Giovanni is a highly anticipated moment in Florence as patron of the city. It is also an opportunity to enjoy a day off from work and organize a pleasant picnic in early summer. Find out with us what to do and where to go for the Feast of San Giovanni!
Spring and summer bring with them the desire to walk and rediscover the relationship with nature. Discover with us which are the best trekking routes in Tuscany!