In Tuscany there are so many typical dishes and all are really delicious. But the potato ravioli all agree with their unique taste! Discover with us the secrets of the Tuscan potato ravioli and the recipe of the Tortelli Mugellani!
Potato ravioli are a typical first course of Tuscany and precisely of Mugello. These are large squares of pasta filled with a mixture of boiled potatoes, garlic and parsley. To define themselves as Mugello tortelli must be made strictly by hand.
Tortelli alla Lastra
In the eastern part of the Casentino (Valle Santa and Alpe di Serra), a truly extraordinary tortello reigns: “tortello alla lastra“.
The tortello alla lastra is square in shape, larger than the classic potato tortelli.
It is obtained by working the dough with your hands and producing a thin sheet of pastry with a rolling pin, on which half of the dough is distributed with potatoes, with the addition of pumpkin and
with a sauce made of pancetta, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, sage, tomato, parmesan or pecorino, pepper.
After spreading the filling, the entire outer edge is closed and then divided into many squares ready to be passed on a slab, originally it was a clay text while today it is made of cast iron. In Tuscany the capital of Tortelli alla lastra is Corezzo (Arezzo).
The recipe of potatoes tortelli from Mugello
The Mugello tortelli with potato filling, contain the most original and authentic traditional Tuscan recipe in terms of fresh and stuffed egg pasta.
Here is the famous recipe for Mugello potato tortelli to be able to taste all their flavor even at home!
Flour 1 kg;
For the stuffing
Potatoes 1 kg;
Parmigiano reggiano 200 gr;
Garlic clove 2;
Ground nutmeg 1 pinch;
Parsley 1 tuft;
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVO) 4 Table Spoons.
1. Boil the potatoes;
2. Make a fountain with the flour, mix the eggs one by one and work the dough until you get a soft and smooth ball that does not stick to your hands;
3. Let the dough rest for half an hour;
4. Cut pieces and roll out the dough so as to have strips that are not too fine to break when closed or cooked;
5. Peel the potatoes and crush them adding parsley and chopped garlic, grated nutmeg, Parmesan and a little oil. Also add a few tablespoons of tomato sauce and salt;
6. On the dough, place balls of filling as big as a walnut, distancing them by about 2 cm, then fold the dough in the lengthwise direction, pressing the sides of the filling;
7. With the knurled pastry cutter, cut off the excess and separate the tortelli from each other;
8. Let them dry on both sides for half an hour;
9. Boil them a few at a time in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes;
10. Season with butter and sage and a light sprinkling of Parmesan.
If you want to discover all the secrets of the Tuscan Potato Tortelli and taste its goodness we are waiting for you at the L’Olivaia restaurant in Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort!
Tuscan cuisine is full of tasty dishes famous all over the world. The presence of numerous cattle farms in the area has made the meat dishes of the real specialties. Discover with us the famous Tuscan Tagliata and the best recipes to cook it!
The feast of the immaculate is approaching and offers a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of a weekend immersed in the peace and quiet of nature in search of moments of relaxation. Discover with us what to do for the Immaculate in Tuscany!
Nowadays, the farm is not only synonymous with a bucolic environment, nature and animals but also with luxury. Discover with us 5 luxury farmhouses in Tuscany!
Towers, castles, villas and abbeys characterize the landscapes of the Tuscan towns. Come with us on a journey to discover the most beautiful villages near Florence!
In Italy the one for food is a real passion, but what we love most is surely her majesty the “Pasta”! Discover with us which are the best first courses typical of Tuscany!
Like every year, October 31st arrives with its magic charge, bringing with it the most “monstrous” party of autumn. Discover with us what to do for Halloween!
In Italy, horse tourism is a growing trend. If you love sports and nature, discover the ideal resort for a holiday in Tuscany and horseback riding!
The villas and the Medici gardens scattered throughout Tuscany are many but 14 of them have entered the UNESCO World Heritage List. Discover with us the Medici Villa of Trebbio: the World Heritage in Mugello!